Trust comes through direct experience. As a first step in building trust with you, this page outlines the experience of others who have worked with us.
We have been part of many impactful projects…..
- CSIRO – various priority threat management workshops
- Department of Parks & Wildlife – various biodiversity conservation workshops
- Newcrest – contractor alignment workshop
- Rangelands NRM – various natural resource management workshops
- Rio Tinto – series of management-system design workshops
- C-Wise – organisational strategy
- Malibu School – organisational strategy
- Dampier Port Authority – organisational strategy
- replants – organisational strategy
- Tranby College – organisational strategy
- Argyle Diamonds – inaugural public sustainable development report
- C-Wise – management transition
- Kennedy Bay – stakeholder engagement and project approval process
- Lycopodium – team alignment
- AWE – Drover 1 well development
- City of Rockingham – jetties rationalisation
- LandCorp – Gracetown expansion
- Mirvac – Kennedy Bay and Seascapes urban developments
- Town of Port Hedland – land-use master plan
- Australian Institute of Management – sustainability strategy which led to construction of the Katitjin Centre
- City of Mandurah – Sustainable Mandurah Home inception, development, coordination and public education
- Peel Development Commission – Peel Eco-Industrial Development scoping study
- Star of the Sea Primary School – sustainability program
Our clients say nice things about us…..
In the period March 2014 to July 2017, participants provided the following feedback about workshops we facilitated:
- 95% said they would speak favourably about the event
- 94% said the event was likely to have a positive impact
- 96% said the event advanced their group’s thinking
During the same period, examples of specific participant feedback included:
Facilitator was outstanding and did a remarkable job in distilling complex ideas and conflicting approaches into a manageable and sound strategy
Outstanding facilitation. Well done Craig for capturing such a diversity of views and bringing congruence to them. Did an exemplary job with what could have been very messy.
Great job Craig! Facilitation is an art-form, and you did a great job guiding us through a difficult agenda.
Great facilitation that went beyond expectations. Thank you very much.
Whole process was well organised and facilitated.
Great facilitation and persistence with keeping things on track.
Challenging but exciting like any worthwhile process. Excellent facilitators.
Over the past ten years Tranby College has used Craig Salt from Sustainable Consulting to help plan, facilitate and synthesise Board strategic planning discussions. Craig has added value at all stages of the process. He listens carefully, brings insights of his own and draws our ideas together in a way that has always helped us to move forward. I have no hesitation in recommending Sustainable Consulting to any group who is seeking to ask better questions and to clarify their thinking towards their future.
Founding Principal – Tranby College, Baldivis
I worked closely with Craig Salt and Michelle McManus from Sustainable Consulting during the preparation of the Revised Development Plan for the Port Kennedy Project submitted to and approved by the WA State Parliament in early 2006.
I attribute the success of the plan to Craig and Michelle’s facilitation skills during the numerous meetings, workshops and events involving stakeholders from a range of sectors and with diverse interests. The charts they produced, and the inclusive methods they used to engage the participants in discussion, led to consensus on the many issues encountered during the consultation period. The professional facilitation skill they displayed was exemplary.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Sustainable Consulting’s involvement in any situation involving complex negotiations between diverse stakeholders.
Roland is a long-term Port Kennedy resident and former community
representative on the Port Kennedy Management Board.
I have contracted Sustainable Consulting to design, facilitate and write-up a variety of workshops over the years. Their service has helped to encourage healthy dynamics and positive thinking during workshops, plus deliver clear and accurate outputs that can be readily used after the event. In my experience, it is rare to find a service that combines good ecological understanding with strong facilitation skills and delivers high quality outputs. For this reason, I continue to recommend Sustainable Consulting to colleagues working in the natural resource management and biological research fields – particularly those making significant investments in workshops and conferences involving large numbers of stakeholder from diverse backgrounds or with varied knowledge of the subject matter.
Stephen is a Biogeography Program Leader & Partnerships Manager with the WA Department of Parks & Wildlife.